The Engineering Career Resource Center (ECRC) collects a variety of employment data from current students and new graduates.
Post-graduation data is collected from undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students at the end of each semester via the ECRC’s First Destination Survey. Internship data is collected from an annual Internship / Co-Op Survey, as well as Michigan Engineering’s internship & co-op courses. For more information on the collection methodology, please click here.
The interactive tool below displays the collected employment data.
- Each tab shows data for the past five academic years.
- Use filters to only show information relevant to your interests.
- For some tabs, a three year average is shown to provide additional data that may have been excluded due to fields with less than four data points.
- Hover over points of interest on each tab for additional information.
About the Methodology
- Degree outcome data is collected for each Academic Year.
- ex. Academic Year 2022 includes graduates from August 2021, December 2021, and May 2022
- Data reflects post-graduation plans within six months of graduation.
- Internship data is collected from September through August.
- ex. Academic Year 2022 includes internships starting September 1, 2021 through August 31, 2022.
- Data is reported per degree, not per individual student.
- Career Outcomes are broken into four categories: Employed, Continuing Education, Other, Seeking Employment.
- Employed includes: Full-time professional employment, employed as an entrepreneur (full-time), and employed in a full-time postdoc.
- Continuing Education includes: Graduates who are continuing their education after receiving their degree
- Other includes: Part-Time Professional, Full-Time Non-Professional, and Part-Time Professional graduates who are not seeking full-time professional employment; Military Service; Volunteer Activities; Graduates who indicate that they are not seeking employment or any other post-graduation opportunity; Graduates who select “other” as their post-graduation outcome
- Seeking Employment includes: Graduates who are working as Part-Time Professional, Full-Time Non-Professional, and Part-Time Non-Professional graduates and Unemployed graduates who are seeking full-time professional employment
- The salary data are self-reported.
- Salaries outside of the United States were not included.
- For Doctoral candidates, only industry based salaries are reported.
- Undergraduate Computer Science (CS) salaries represent data from both LSA and Engineering CS students and graduates.
- Undergraduate Data Science (DS) salaries represent data from both LSA and Engineering DS students and graduates.
- All information collected is strictly confidential and released only in aggregate form. Salaries are never released identifying specific students or employers. Fields with fewer than four reported salaries are not listed.