Prepare for Success
Career Advising Appointments
Appointments may be scheduled with ECRC Career Advisors for advice on your job search. To schedule an appointment with the ECRC, select ‘Career Advising Appointment’ from the left side menu within your Engineering Careers, by Symplicity account.
Please Note: Appointments are typically posted on Tuesday afternoon before 5 pm for the following week only. If no appointments are currently available, we encourage you to check back on Tuesday afternoon to view more appointments for the following week.
Have general career questions? Join our ECRC Piazza Forum to have your questions answered by an ECRC Career Peer Advisor.
Check out the ECRC’s Career Guide, a comprehensive career planning guide for students.
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Job Search
- Evaluating Offers
- Graduate School
Recruitment and student salary in our Annual Reports.
Suited for Success
The ECRC recognizes the importance of wearing professional attire when interviewing. In an effort to help students with financial need present themselves professionally when interviewing, the ECRC is proud to offer Suited for Success. This program provides eligible University of Michigan engineering and computer science students with a clothing award of up to $200 to spend on an interview suit. Applications for the Suited for Success Program for the 2021-2022 academic year and additional information may be found here.
The ECRC would like to thank Air Products for being a financial contributor to the Suited for Success Program!
Job Seeking Alumni
ECRC resources are geared toward current students and recent grads at all degree levels, however, many of our recommended strategies and tools are applicable to a general job search. Researching potential careers, industries and employers and actively engaging in a wide variety of networking activities (in-person and virtual), remain the most effective means of landing a new job.
Alumni may access the following resources:
- Unlimited access to job postings and company profiles in Engineering Careers, by Symplicity (ECRC job postings typically target current students and new grads).
- Access to additional job search links which are maintained on the ECRC website here. Note, while many of the recommended resources are public websites, some may only be available to current students.
- Participation in on-campus recruiting is available for up to one academic year post graduation.
- Career advising appointments are available on a limited basis. Appointments are granted at the discretion of the ECRC.
College of Engineering alumni are encouraged to explore career resources available through the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan’s career website. Resources include opportunities to connect with fellow alumni via the Alumni Directory and LinkedIn alumni groups, search the alumni job board, participate in career events (virtual and in-person across geographic locales) and access the Alumni Association’s career coach referral system.