Please Note: This career fair is specifically for engineering, computer science and data science students enrolled at the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor campus. Employers attending this event will expect to meet with these candidates!
The Winter Engineering Career Fair will be held January 28 and 29, 2020, from 10 AM-3 PM each day. Different companies will attend each day, so we encourage you to attend the event on both dates.
Click on the topics below for information to help you prepare for this event.
TIPS PRIOR TO THE FAIR:
• Download the ‘Career Fair Plus’ App to view company list and map
• Use Engineering Careers, by Symplicity to view company list and map
TIPS FOR DAY OF THE FAIR
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION NOTICE
• Search for Career Fair Plus on the App Store and Google Play Store. Within the Career Fair Plus App, search for ‘University of Michigan’, and then select ‘Winter 2020 Engineering Career Fair’.
• The app will provide details on attending companies, important event updates, as well as an up-to-date company map.
• You can track your favorite employers and review ‘Career Fair Tips’ to help you prepare.
• To access the company list, go to the ‘Events’ tab and select ‘Career Fairs’. Within the Career Fairs section, click on ‘Winter 2020 Engineering Career Fair’ and then select ‘See Who’s Coming’ to view the list of companies attending.
• COMPANY LIST IN EXCEL: To access the company list as an excel file within Engineering Careers, go to ‘Resources’, ‘Resource Library’, and then select the ‘2020 Winter Engineering Career Fair Company List’.
Please note the following when researching companies attending the career fair: The additional search filters below may help you to identify companies of interest:
- Yello: We encourage you to create a Yello profile at join.yello.co, you will be asked to respond to a few questions and upload your resume, and then will receive a Yello code which can be used to expedite check in with participating employers. When you use your Yello code to check in, your resume and key information will be shared automatically with that company.
- Academic year(s) recruited: Indicates the academic year(s) of students that the company is willing to consider for employment.
- Are you willing to sponsor selected candidates for work authorization: Indicates whether the company is willing to provide sponsorship for work authorization. Some employers may provide additional details within the field called ‘Work Authorization Notes’.
- Positions Recruited for at the Career Fair: Indicates the the job titles of positions the company plans to recruit for at this event. Check Engineering Careers and/or the website listed under ‘Company Careers Website’ for additional information and/or to apply online.
- Dedicated PhD Recruiter Attending: Indicates whether the company will have a dedicated PhD recruiter in attendance at the career fair, use the ‘Degrees/Majors Recruited’ column to identify the degrees and majors that each company is recruiting for.
• Attend ECRC workshops to help you prepare for the career fair, including tips for what to ask employers and what to include in your elevator pitch.
• View company booth locations in the Career Fair Plus app.
• A paper copy of the map will be available each day of the career fair in the ECRC.
• Students do not need to register for this event!
The Engineering Career Resource Center encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please call (734) 647-7160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 days in advance in advance of your participation or visit. Please be aware that advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time for the University to arrange.
We look forward to having you participate in the upcoming Winter Engineering Career Fair. If you have any questions/concerns regarding the Fair, please contact email@example.com.