ECRC Staff are here to help you! Our mission is to offer comprehensive career development services to College of Engineering students and declared LSA Computer Science and Data Science majors. For alumni specific resources, click here.
Check out the ECRC’s Career Guide, a comprehensive career planning guide for students.
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Job Search Strategies
- Career Fair Preparation
- Evaluating Offers
- Graduate School
Individual Career Advising Appointments
Appointments may be scheduled with ECRC Career Advisors for advice on your job search. To schedule an appointment with the ECRC, select ‘Appointments’ from the left side menu within your Engineering Careers, by 12twenty account.
- Please Note: Appointments are typically posted on Monday for the following week only. If no appointments are currently available, we encourage you to check back on Monday afternoon to view more appointments for the following week
The ECRC hosts a variety of career-related workshops throughout the year for current students.
The ECRC provides career development modules in Canvas on resume writing, interview preparation and more! To get started, visit umich.instructure.com/enroll/DR3D6F and click “Enroll in Course.”
Use all your resources to find employment with a great organization! Engineering Careers, by 12twenty is Michigan Engineering’s career portal for viewing and applying to jobs of interest. The 12twenty Student Toolkit provides additional information for students.
Connecting with Employers
The ECRC hosts a variety of career related events throughout the year to help students explore career opportunities and connect with employers. All events are free of charge for students to attend.
Suited for Success
The ECRC recognizes the importance of wearing professional attire when interviewing. In an effort to help students with financial need present themselves professionally when interviewing, the ECRC is proud to offer Suited for Success.
This program provides eligible University of Michigan engineering and computer science students with a clothing award of up to $200 to spend on an interview suit.
Applications for the Suited for Success Program for the 2022-2023 academic year and additional information may be found here.
Job Seeking Alumni
ECRC resources are geared toward current students and recent grads at all degree levels, however, many of our recommended strategies and tools are applicable to a general job search. Researching potential careers, industries and employers and actively engaging in a wide variety of networking activities (in-person and virtual), remain the most effective means of landing a new job.
Alumni may access the following resources:
- Unlimited access to job postings and company profiles in Engineering Careers, by 12twenty
- ECRC job postings typically target current students and new grads).
- Access to additional job search links which are maintained on the ECRC website here.
- Note, while many of the recommended resources are public websites, some may only be available to current students.
- Participation in on-campus recruiting (including virtual fairs) is available for up to one academic year post graduation.
- Career advising appointments are available on a limited basis. Appointments are granted at the discretion of the ECRC.
College of Engineering alumni are encouraged to explore career resources available through the Alumni Association of the University of Michigan’s career website. Resources include:
- Alumni job board
- Opportunities to connect with fellow alumni via the Alumni Directory and LinkedIn alumni groups
- Participation in career events (virtual and in-person across geographic locales)
- Access the Alumni Association’s career coach referral system