The India Internship Initiative (III) is a collaborative effort between the College of LSA and the College of Engineering to provide undergraduate students at the University of Michigan with exciting summer internship opportunities in India. The India Internship Initiative is sponsored by the U-M Office of the President, Engineering Career Resources Center, and the LSA International Internship Program.
Priority Application Deadline: October 15, 2016
Final Application Deadline: January 15, 2017
- Gain valuable work experience, a broader world view, and a deeper understanding of the realities of the global economy
- Connect with international alumni and establish meaningful mentor relationships
- Improve your cross-cultural, language, and interpersonal skills
- Develop a greater appreciation of diverse cultures
Who is eligible?
U-M Ann Arbor undergraduate students from any school or college who are returning to U-M for the Fall semester following the program are eligible to participate in III. Graduating seniors are not eligible.
How much does it cost?
There is no program fee to participate in III. However, students are expected to pay their own expenses. Approximate expenses are as follows:
- Travel to India: $1500
- Housing for 8 weeks in India: $1500
- Living expenses in India for 8 weeks: $500
- Visa cost: $150
- Immunization cost: $100
Can I get funding?
Funding is through III is available for LSA and CoE students in the form of 10 stipends of $1500 each. The Center for South Asian Studies offers fellowships for undergraduates traveling to India. Click here for other funding options.
What are the dates?
Internships vary in length and start date. An average internship is approximately 6-8 weeks long between May and August.
How do I apply?
Students interested in the India Internship Initiative will apply through M-Compass. Click here to access the application. The application opens in September with a priority deadline of Oct 15th, 2016 and a final deadline Jan 15th, 2017 .
*Note, many of these positions are hosted by U of M Alumni!
- Design & Architecture Intern at Center for Knowledge Societies: New Delhi
- New Media Intern at Center for Knowledge Societies: New Delhi
- Social Sciences Intern at Center for Knowledge Societies: New Delhi
- Metallurgy Engineer Intern at Chandan Steel: Umbergaon
- Data Sciences Intern at Get Simpl Technologies: Bangalore
- Software Engineering Intern at Get Simpl Technologies: Bangalore
- Technology Sales Intern at Libserv: Mumbai
- UI/UX Product Development Intern at Mahindra First Choice Wheels: Bangalore
- Electric Car Alternate Energy Sources Intern at Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles: Bangalore
- Sensorless Vector (FOC) Control Strategy Intern at Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles: Bangalore
- Strategies for Hybrid Powertrains Intern at Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles: Bangalore
- Communications & Data Intern at MyVote.Today App: Bangalore
- Document Specialist at NextServices Inc.: Mumbai
- Solar Electrification Project Intern at Skilled Samaritan Foundation: New Delhi
- Administration & Management Intern at Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement: Mysore
- Training Feedback Application Intern at Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement: Mysore
- Travel & Expense Application Intern at Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement: Mysore
- Website Intern at Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement: Mysore
- Engineering Intern at Timetooth Technologies: Noida